Sweet Potato Gnocchi
The perfect comfort dish!
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: feeds 4-5
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 6 cups almond flour
- 3 cups arrowroot powder, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- Ghee for cooking
- Preheat oven to 375. Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes or until soft. Let cool.
- Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash well. Add the flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy, and gently fold into the potato mixture. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with arrowroot powder, and roll out a handful of dough into a long thin rope. Cut into 1-inch segments, and slightly flatten each with a fork.
- Drop prepared gnocchi into boiling water and cook for 1 minute. When they float, remove, and drain.
- Melt ghee in a skillet and sear the gnocchi on each side to brown. Add desired flavors like sage or basil pesto.... enjoy!