No Bake Red Velvet Protein Bars
Protein – vegan and gluten free!
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
- ½ cup vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder (Garden of Life Raw Peotien Powder is an excellent choice and we carry it at BHC)
- 1-2 T cocoa powder (adjust depending on chocolate flavor you want)
- 1 T beet powder (optional, gives it that red velvet colour, alternative to food colouring)
- 2 T granular sweetener
- ½ cup almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- ½ cup maple syrup or Honey (We love R Bee's local Honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice*
Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
In large microwave safe bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener, cocoa powder, beetroot powder and mix well.
In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. Add the vanilla extract and pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well- It should be crumbly.
Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed. Stir through chocolate chips and transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly.
Refrigerate until firm before slicing up to enjoy!
- * Depending on the flour/protein powder combination, you may need more or less.
- These are soft at room temperature but delicious eaten from the fridge or thawed from the freezer!