Greek Lentil Salad
A healthy, hearty salad.
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 9 cups
- 4 cups cooked brown lentils (or 2 cans, 19 oz/540 mL EACH; drain and rinse well)
- 1-1/2 cups quartered grape tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups peeled and diced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- ¾ cup diced or very thinly sliced red onions
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (see cooking tip)
- 4 oz (120 g) light feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Pour over salad. Stir gently.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Keep in fridge for a few days.
Per cup: 209 calories, 8.1 g total fat (1.9 g saturated fat), 11 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 8.6 g fiber, 4 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium
Cooking Tip: You can use fresh dill instead of mint, but reduce the amount to 3 tablespoons