Paleo Stuffed Peppers
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 bell peppers red or yellow, halved and seeded
- 1 lb ground beef, bison, or elk
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked (½ cup uncooked)
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, small dice
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook ½ cup wild rice according to package instructions. Should yield approx. 1 cup cooked rice.
- Sautee onions and garlic. Add celery and mushrooms. Add cooked ground beef. Add wild rice. Add tomato paste, spices and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in almond flour. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pack mix into halved peppers. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 375F for 40 minutes.