Chicken Liver Pate – BEST Nutritional food there is!
The nutritional profile of liver is exceptional. Here are the nutrients found in a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of chicken liver
- Vitamin B12: 3,460% of the RDI. Vitamin B12 helps the formation of red blood cells and DNA. It is also involved in healthy brain function
- Vitamin A: 860–1,100% of the RDI. Vitamin A is important for normal vision, immune function, and reproduction. It also helps organs like the heart and kidneys function properly
- Riboflavin (B2): 210–260% of the RDI. Riboflavin is important for cellular development and function. It also helps turn food into energy
- Folate (B9): 65% of the RDI. Folate is an essential nutrient that plays a role in cell growth and the formation of DNA
- Iron: 80% of the RDI. Iron is another essential nutrient that helps carry oxygen around the body. The iron in liver is heme iron, the kind most easily absorbed by the body
- Copper: 1,620% of the RDI. Copper acts like a key to activate a number of enzymes, which then help regulate energy production, iron metabolism and brain function
- Choline: Liver provides all of the Adequate Intake (AI) for women and nearly all of it for men Choline is important for brain development and liver function
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 1 large container
- 1lb of pasture-raised chicken livers
- 4 shallots OR 1 large onion
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- ½ of (grass-fed) butter
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- salt and pepper
- any flavoring herbs you like!
- Sautee the liver with, onions, garlic, and butter add in curry powder, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you desire
- Cook for 15-20 on med heat on the stovetop. Until cooked through. Cut a liver in half - must not be red in the middle
- Place it all in a large blender, let cool for 10min then add in the can of coconut cream. Blend on high till totally blended
- Pour into a glass dish (the shallower the dish the faster it will set) and put in the fridge for 2-8h till completely set. It will have a patè like consistency.
Serve with cucumber slices or Mary’s crackers! Enjoy!!