This is one of the simplest breakfasts to make and can be tailored in many ways. Also great to use up dinner protein leftovers. It easy, tasty, and comforting.
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup meat (leftovers work great here – steak, ribs, pulled pork, roast, bacon, etc)
- 1 cup veggies (zucchini, pepper, mushroom, onion, broccoli, etc– avoid root veggies)
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- handful fresh spinach, torn
- 12 free-range eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sear meat and veggies in a hot, oiled skillet until or in a baking tray in the oven till just hot, also works great in a cast iron pan (cook the meat first if using fresh raw meat)
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with a splash of milk or water
- Pour eggs into meat and veggie mix. Stir a few times to start eggs cooking.
- Toss in torn handful of fresh spinach and arrange sliced tomatoes around on top of frittata.
- Bake 20 minutes or until eggs are set.