Nothing like a chicken skewer on the BBQ! Try these juicy flavourful chicken skewers, makes it feel like summer!
Prep time: 90 min |
Cook time: 10 min |
Total time: 100 min
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander seed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (soy sauce replacement)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass, minced (substitute 1 lemon, juice and zest, if necessary)
Cube chicken and toss in marinade. Let sit in the marinade for at least one hour.
Skewer chicken and grill on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until cooked. Some slight char on the chicken is desirable.
Serve with your favorite summer salad or broth cooked rice.
Tagged as: Mains,