Nothing like a chicken skewer on the BBQ! Try these juicy flavourful chicken skewers, makes it feel like summer!
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 4-6 people
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander seed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (soy sauce replacement)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass, minced (substitute 1 lemon, juice and zest, if necessary)
- Mix all ingredients in a large glass bowl (turmeric may stain white porcelain).
- Cube chicken and toss in marinade. Let sit in the marinade for at least one hour.
- Skewer chicken and grill on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until cooked. Some slight char on the chicken is desirable.
- Serve with your favorite summer salad or broth cooked rice - also very nice with a no peanut sauce! (look up that recipe on our blog)