Call us @ 519-415-2266

What’s The Difference Between a Registered Acupuncturist and other Acupuncture Providers?

Acupuncture is more than just needling the point on the body. EACH acupuncture point shares some functions but also have unique functions that distinguish from other points. With proper Traditional Chinese Medicine, a diagnosis set of acupuncture points can be determined. 

Acupuncture Providers utilize Western Acupuncture, which mainly focuses on musculoskeletal issues, often utilizing points that are or near the proximity of pain. 

What is the difference between an Acupuncturist and a Registered Acupuncturist?

Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac) is a designated and licensed title. To obtain this title, one must have to go through 2 to 3 years of education in the program of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture and over 2000 clinic hour experience. Also, Registered Acupuncturists also must fulfill 30 hours of continuing education courses every year to keep their license active. 
With all this in mind, there are many ways as to what the Registered Acupuncturist can do in treatment whether treating for the pain of any kind or treating for any internal complaints such as constipation, chronic diarrhea, chronic acid reflux, loss of appetite, edema, migraines, women’s health and much more. 
Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac) treat using Eastern Acupuncture. 

Heechan Lee R.Ac, uses Eastern Acupuncture to treat, which is backed by fundamental theories and using appropriate acupuncture points respectively on a holistic level. For pain, Heechan focuses on distal areas, utilizing points that are far from the area of pain, that will have a connection to the pain. 

If you have any further questions about acupuncture please book a free tongue and pulse assessment with Heechan Lee R.Ac and find out how it can help you!