Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This pudding is super simple to make and rich enough to serve as a special dessert. Use your imagination for variations to dress it up. The addition of fresh fruit, whole or pureed finishes this dessert off beautifully.
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large avocados (make sure they are ripe - soft)
- 1/3 c unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c or more your choice of milk - dairy, almond, coconut etc.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch fine sea salt
Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blend until very smooth.
Add more milk to desired consistency.
Taste to determine if additional sweetness is required.
This tastes great at room temperature but it's great chilled as well.
Our favorite variations include:
- poached dried cherries on top
- add orange zest to the pudding and serve with clemetine segments
- blend in ripe banana
- blend in almond or hazelnut butter, finish with toasted nut pcs.
I’ve used this as a cake frosting as well – add 1 1/2 Tbsp of melted coconut oil when blending and it will setup like a rich ganache when chilled.