Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Warm-up with this amazingly delicious dairy-free, gluten-free, and egg-free soup! YUM!
By Hannah Moore, CNP, RNCP PRINT RECIPE
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 large white or yellow onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 2 large carrots
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 8-10 cups chicken stock (homemade)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Peel, chop and mix everything in a large bowl except the chicken stock and coconut milk. Season vegetables. then transfer to a large cooking tray
- Roast veggies uncovered at 400F for 45 minutes until veggies soften and get some color.
- Pour veggies into a large pot, using a spatula to scrape seasonings and crispy veggie bits from the bottom of the roasting pan into the pot.
- Cover with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are all soft.
- Puree in a blender in batches or use an immersion blender (wand mixer) to blend soup to a velvety smooth texture.
- Add coconut milk and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with minced red pepper and green onion rings, maple coconut cream (1/2 Tbsp dark maple syrup, ½ cup coconut fat) or cilantro cream (3 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro, ½ cup coconut fat).
- can freeze leftovers