Slow Cooker Blueberry Almond Oatmeal
A delicious hot breakfast – ready when you are!
By Kathy Shackleton, RHN PRINT RECIPE
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 c steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional, but worth it!)
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c raw, unsalted almonds, slivered
- 1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients in a separate large oven-safe bowl. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly, then add blueberries and top with slivered almonds.
Fill slow-cooker 1/4 of the way with water and carefully place the oven-safe dish inside. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Stir well before serving, Serve with additional almond milk if it’s too thick.
Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Berries and nuts can be switched up as well as the applesauce. Consider using pumpkin, cranberries and walnuts. Consider using pear sauce, mashed banana in your wet ingredients – get creative!