YIELD: 2 TO 3 DOZEN (DEPENDING ON THE SIZE)
NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
These delicious little no bake energy bites are the perfect healthy snack!
Good things about this recipe: contains veg protein, lots of fiber and good omega fats, dairy and gluten free, can be nut and peanut free as well.
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 0 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey R-Bees local honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or a seed blend with hemp, flax chia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Flatten the mixture on to a sheet pan and chill for 30 min or more. Once chilled, there are a couple of choices. Roll into small balls of whatever size you would like. Or cut into small squares. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 portions.
*Prep time listed does not include time for the mixture to chill. To speed up the chilling, I recommend spreading the mixture out on a baking sheet, then covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating.
**Recipe can easily be doubled and these bites freeze well.
Adapted from “Gimme Some Oven”