Ginger, Lemon, Honey Elixir
For immune boosting, and fighting any cold or flu!
By Hannah Moore, CNP, RNCP PRINT RECIPE
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Yield: 1 large mason jar
- 2 inches (+) fresh organic ginger
- 2 organic lemons - sliced
- 2 Tbsp unpasteurized honey
1. Clean and prepare a 1 liter mason jar
2. Peel fresh ginger with a spoon (the skin comes off very easily if you scrape with a spoon, this way you won't lose much of the ginger in the process) then finely grate or chop the ginger. Add into the mason jar.
3. Cut the 2 ends off the lemon, then slice in half and then in slices. Add to the jar.
4. Add 2 tbsp of un pasteurized honey to the jar.
5. Boil a large pot of water. Add to the mason jar. Give a good stir and let cool on the counter until completely cool. Put lid on it and it will last for 1 week in the fridge.