If you love hummus then you are going to love beet hummus! Perfect for a meal with veggies and pita, as a snack on the go or in your wee ones lunch! Its packed with proteins, vitamins and minerals, along with the beets that are a superfood for your liver! This is one awesome EASY recipe.
By Hannah Moore, CNP, RNCP PRINT RECIPE
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed - Preferably organic and GMO-free)
- 2-3 med beetroots (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 of a lemon squeezed
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil + add as needed
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor OR blender. (If the beets are cooked then just add if not then you have to cook the beets and then add to the mixer).
- While it is blending slowly add in the extra olive oil till it all reaches a smooth consistency.
- Taste it and add salt if needed.
- Serve with pita, veggies, crackers..... enjoy!