Chicken Liver Pate – BEST Nutritional food there is!
The nutritional profile of liver is exceptional. Here are the nutrients found in a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of chicken liver
- Vitamin B12: 3,460% of the RDI. Vitamin B12 helps the formation of red blood cells and DNA. It is also involved in healthy brain function
- Vitamin A: 860–1,100% of the RDI. Vitamin A is important for normal vision, immune function, and reproduction. It also helps organs like the heart and kidneys function properly
- Riboflavin (B2): 210–260% of the RDI. Riboflavin is important for cellular development and function. It also helps turn food into energy
- Folate (B9): 65% of the RDI. Folate is an essential nutrient that plays a role in cell growth and the formation of DNA
- Iron: 80% of the RDI. Iron is another essential nutrient that helps carry oxygen around the body. The iron in liver is heme iron, the kind most easily absorbed by the body
- Copper: 1,620% of the RDI. Copper acts like a key to activate a number of enzymes, which then help regulate energy production, iron metabolism and brain function
- Choline: Liver provides all of the Adequate Intake (AI) for women and nearly all of it for men Choline is important for brain development and liver function
By Hannah Moore, CNP, RNCP PRINT RECIPE
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Yield: 1 large container
- 1lb of pasture-raised chicken livers
- 4 shallots OR 1 large onion
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- ½ of (grass-fed) butter
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- salt and pepper
- any flavoring herbs you like!
- Sautee the liver with, onions, garlic, and butter add in curry powder, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you desire
- Cook for 15-20 on med heat on the stovetop. Until cooked through. Cut a liver in half - must not be red in the middle
- Place it all in a large blender, let cool for 10min then add in the can of coconut cream. Blend on high till totally blended
- Pour into a glass dish (the shallower the dish the faster it will set) and put in the fridge for 2-8h till completely set. It will have a patè like consistency.
Serve with cucumber slices or Mary’s crackers! Enjoy!!