Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful moments in a woman’s life. Each woman dreams of the perfect pregnancy with no pain, no vomiting, etc…. It is possible if the future mum’s body has effective adaptive capacities against weight gain, modification of her center of gravity and baby’s development.
When a pain or discomfort develops, that means that the threshold of adaptation has been exceeded, it’s a warning signal from the body.
The osteopath is going to identify the dysfunctional areas to give the mum the means to adapt as well as cope with the inevitable body changes and relieve discomforts.
Even without pain, regular visits with an osteopath are advised throughout the pregnancy process. Verifying the freedom of the pelvis, lumbar and diaphragm is essential to improving the delivery conditions.
The osteopath can also provide childbirth preparation additional to the midwife’s preparation.
- 1 time per trimester for the comfort, postural adaptation,
- prevention and monitoring + according to discomforts/ complaints of the patient
- 6 weeks prior to delivery- it is suggested to do session childbirth preparation
- Back pain (neck pain, thoracic pain, lower back pain, sciatica, cruralgia, coccyx pain…)
- Nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation, reflux
- Shortness of breath, heavy legs, oedema of lower limbs, pelvic heaviness, headache, sleep disorders
- Baby in breech : to giving mobility to ribs, pelvis, diaphragm, “the space saving” will help the baby’s rollover
- Childbirth preparation ( ensure good mobility of pelvis and pelvic floor)
- Pregnancy care (ideally 1 time per trimester)
- Consultation 6 weeks after the pregnancy
For all further questions, please call the clinic and I will be our pleasure to assist.
Aude CHAUMONT, osteopathic manual practitioner
Post graduate certification: