No-bake Energy Bites
No bake treats – quick to make, as well as a healthy source of quick energy.
By Kathy Shackleton, RHN PRINT RECIPE
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Yield: 2-3 doz
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey R-Bees local honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or a seed blend with hemp, flax chia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
Flatten the mixture on to a sheet pan and chill for 30 min or more.
Once chilled, there are a couple of choices. Roll into small balls of whatever size you would like. Or cut into small squares.
Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
*Prep time listed does not include time for the mixture to chill. To speed up the chilling, I recommend spreading the mixture out on a baking sheet, then covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating.
**Recipe can easily be doubled and these bites freeze well.
Adapted from “Gimme Some Oven”